I have a problem with pasting lines of text that include Tabs.

I was previously using PGD 11. I have a text are defined, and I periodically paste new text in that area, replacing or adding to the existing text. The lines of text are quite simple, nearly identical. The sentence includes two tabs. It's a simple matter of copying a line of unformatted text from another program and pasting it into the PGD document. It's always worked fine.

When I opened the document in PGD16 and tried to paste the text in, PGD didn't seem to understand the tabs. It behaved as if I had a double tab stop in each line. When I tried to edit the text, simply deleting the (hidden) tab seemed to work, but pressing the tab key still put in two tabs. If I pressed Del (or Backspace) twice (so as to delete the "mystery" tab, it started to delete characters of text. I'm at a loss to explain what's happening.

I know this is difficult to explain in writing. I've tried uploading two GIF files, but all I get is is an exclamation mark next to the file names and a button to Clear List. They conform to the restrictions for GIF attachments. There's no explanation given as to why I can't upload the files.