Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Text and social media feeds not displaying properly

Can someone please help me?

I’m creating the site northwalestweets.com and am having problems with:

1 text not displaying correctly, and
    2 Twitter and Facebook feeds not showing in some browsers.

The text problem appears mainly to affect text that I’ve changed from the standard style I’m using (Arial 20pt) to large font, coloured, bold, italic etc.

Instead of displaying the text as intended, some browsers are showing large fonts as small, coloured text as plain, other text as overlaid on itself, plus other undesirable variations.

It’s particularly noticeable on the mobile variant, with Safari and Chrome currently not displaying properly (though Chrome was perfect yesterday evening!).

The attached image is from the Testimonials page, on Chrome.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3016.PNG 
Views:	54 
Size:	178.2 KB 
ID:	124653

Opera Touch is currently giving the best mobile display.

Firefox on my phone is showing the text correctly, but won’t show the Twitter or Facebook feeds – yet the desktop version is perfect (as it is when viewed with Chrome and Edge too).

The site isn't yet on general release, but is at http://www.northwalestweets.com/public_html/index-1.htm.

Does anyone have any idea what’s going on, please - and what I can do about it?

Info Re: Text and social media feeds not displaying properly

Quote Originally Posted by EricD View Post
    Does anyone have any idea what’s going on, please - and what I can do about it?
    Our top TG suggestion is to purge your local cache of the browser (Ctrl+F5). Invariably, the designer is the only one suffering this visual collapse as s/he has made so many changes that are cached locally but it affects no one else.

You may have other issues but let's rule out the common first.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Text and social media feeds not displaying properly

Thanks for responding. I'm sitting here with my cheeks burining in embarrassment. I've just cleared the browser caches on my mobile and can now see the text as it's meant to be seen. I don't know why I didn't do that before, as I'm constantly doing it on the pc. Thank you so much for pointing out the obvious!! There's still an issue with the social media feeds, but I can focus on that now. So sorry to have troubled you - your help is much appreciated.