Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Is it possible to revert to old handle functions

This is going to be hard to explain. On home computer I own Xara pro 11. At work I own Xara Pro 16.
    In version 11 you have black handles around a selection that do various tasks... if you grab any you can resize the object... if you put your cursor JUST INSIDE a corner it becomes a rotate function... if you put your mouse JUST BESIDE a side handle it becomes a skew function.

At some point in the version updates they changed this. So, now in version 16 I have these annoying purple handles that only have certain functions for each one. If I want to resize I HAVE TO use one and only one handle to do so... if I want to rotate I have to use one and only one handle to do that.

Is there a way to revert version 16 back to the way handles worked in older versions?

I'll post some screenshots if needed.
    Robert Steflik
    www.wfcentral.com
    ASUS Laptop / Windows 10 ---- Xara Designer Pro X11 ---- Xara owner since version 1.0

Default Re: Is it possible to revert to old handle functions

No need to post anything. It is just Nanny Xara's way of making so-called improvements that tend to cause no end of problems.
    As far as I know there is no way of reverting to the older, better functionality. You could cut your losses and install v.11 on both computers.
    Someone with better knowledge than I may possibly advise you differently, but I'm fairly sure this is the case.
    I am an old sod, who is also disgruntled at the Mickey Mouse approach to graphic design software introduced since Magix came on the scene and hijacked very decent software.
    But that is the way of things - modern life is rubbish etc, etc.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Yes, you can revert ...

Right click the lock icon, and UNCHECK Smart Transform, and then make sure to enable SHOW SELECTION BOUNDS HANDLES

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019.07.31_12h22m50s_001.png 
Views:	90 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	124643
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    ...the Mickey Mouse approach to graphic design software introduced since Magix came on the scene and hijacked very decent software.
    Whoa...please don't drag Mickey down to Magix level.
    ~Fred

Well that's strange. I am using P&GD16 and the new improved blue control handles are not there...it seems to be the old behaviour again.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

that will work with selection tool

I don't think you have any choice in photo tool
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

No, but you can still adjust a photo with the selection tool, the same as you always could.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    Yes, you can revert ...

Right click the lock icon, and UNCHECK Smart Transform, and then make sure to enable SHOW SELECTION BOUNDS HANDLES

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019.07.31_12h22m50s_001.png 
Views:	90 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	124643
    thanks - that worked for me. I did not have to uncheck smart transform. I just clicked on the button you highlighted.
    Robert Steflik
    www.wfcentral.com
    ASUS Laptop / Windows 10 ---- Xara Designer Pro X11 ---- Xara owner since version 1.0