Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default I'd like to share but.....

Lastest Zara Premium gave me access violation errors when publishing. I had no idea what was wrong, but I assumed the issue was an incompatibility between my web design and the new Zara version. So I rebuilt the website, this time using a template. (as it turned out, the access violation was the host changed the FTP hostname). No issue, the site needed cleaning up anyway. But now the new website won't upload an index file, I guess leaving me with "blank_html" on the host server. Also, all the files go to a folder called "blank_html_files". And the index file is "blank_htm" too. Or "blank_html". I've looked at these so many times I can't remember. Either way, blank isn't working. Please help. This never happened before, what has changed? I used to see a file tree but I fixed that through the host. But Zara is still uploading to a folded called "blank_html_files".

Default Re: I'd like to share but.....

I moved this post to the Xara (with an X) Web Design forum.

Rename your home page index and try this again.

ok, I'll try that.

OK, after misinterpreting your instructions your fix worked. At first, I processed your suggestion to just rename the first page. I started noticing in the host's file manager that the name of the opening file (the index file) changed to whatever other name I called the first page. So at that point I realized the opening page must be named "index". Then I went back to your suggestion and realized this is what you meant. I guess to be more clear I wouid have said the opening page must be named "index". In quotes. I know I'm a big too structured in interpreting instructions. Anyway, problem solved. What is all that latin at the bottom of each page? Can I delete that? Thanks!!

You're welcome

Hi Ripfree,

What is all that Latin at the bottom of each page? Can I delete that?
    Without a link to your site how would we know? This is probably 'Lorem ipsum' dummy text. You can enter it with the text tool by hitting Ctrl + Shift + L. It is a method used from print days to add dummy text to fill presently undefined text areas.

Just select it with the Selector Tool and hit Delete.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host