Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Latest Zara not uploading index file

Lastest Zara Premium gave me access violation errors when publishing. I had no idea what was wrong, but I assumed the issue was an incompatibility between my web design and the new Zara version. So I rebuilt the website, this time using a template. (as it turned out, the access violation was the host changed the FTP hostname). No issue, the site needed cleaning up anyway. But now the new website won't upload an index file, I guess leaving me with "blank_html" on the host server. Also, all the files go to a folder called "blank_html_files". And the index file is "blank_htm" too. Or "blank_html". I've looked at these so many times I can't remember. Either way, blank isn't working. Please help. This never happened before, what has changed?
    Last edited by ripfree; 31 July 2019 at 12:25 PM.

Default Re: Latest Zara not uploading index file

Quote Originally Posted by ripfree View Post
    Lastest Zara Premium gave me access violation errors when publishing. I had no idea what was wrong, but I assumed the issue was an incompatibility between my web design and the new Zara version. So I rebuilt the website, this time using a template. (as it turned out, the access violation was the host changed the FTP hostname). No issue, the site needed cleaning up anyway. But now the new website won't upload an index file, I guess leaving me with "blank_html" on the host server. Also, all the files go to a folder called "blank_html_files". And the index file is "blank_htm" too. Or "blank_html". I've looked at these so many times I can't remember. Either way, blank isn't working. Please help. This never happened before, what has changed?
    At some point you additionally added ablank page from the template and it's the first in your design. Go to this first page and if truly blank, delete it. Your first page should display index. If so, publish.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Here's a pic of the page navigator. The first page, at the top, isn't blank. Is there some underlying menu or "right click" containing a dialogue that defines it as blank?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	page navigator.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	124642  

Problem solved. This novice didn't realize the first page must be named "index". If this is the case, I don't know why the program even allows the first page to go out with anything but "index" as it's name. Thanks!

The contents folder was the giveaway. Normally it is index_htm_files or index_html_files

So I figured the home page must not be named