Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question What font is this

Hi can anyone tell me what this font is - I am doing some work for a local Choir Charity and I need to create a logo using their font - I have hundreds of fonts but not this one and I donr have Xara skills to create the V and B from scratchClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_VB.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	151.3 KB 
ID:	124635

Default Re: What font is this

Mike mwenz will know. My guess is italic.

Thanks for your help Garry - you have solved 1/2 of the puzzle we now need (Italic) (Fontname) and all will well

Not sure if this is the font but it's close https://www.myfonts.com/fonts/bitstream/cataneo/osf/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2019-07-29 Cataneo BT Std Regular OSF Webfont Desktop font MyFonts.png 
Views:	71 
Size:	5.4 KB 
ID:	124637  

It looks like italic font an extra I'm seeing in this picture is just underline the word. But you sad you have hundred of fonts but not find this I'm thinking how it is possible italic font is not as such unique which you can't find. Try italic font or see others reply maybe they suggest better than this.

darlenechisholm, aside from providing a rare glimpse into the obvious, did you notice the suggested font I posted above? Just curious.

Thank you for your valuable input - I have always considered "Italic" as a descriptor of a Font - other such descriptors would be Heavy, Bold, light, demi-bold etc - I am not aware of a font called italic (I am not aware of many things so I may well wrong)

Hi Garry - your suggestion did the trick and I found it for free! - how did we survive before the Web - I have to say one of the great things about Xara is the Forum the help you can get is priceless as well as it being a really great bit of software

Geoff, no worry, you are correct.
    OP darlenechisholm just wanted to help?? I would expect Gary to begin "Whack-A-Mole" soon.
    ~Fred

One R Geoff (Gary). Italic, and Bold are font styles. And free is good. I was kidding when I guessed italic. I used What The Font to track it down. https://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/