Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Xara pro upgrade pricing problem

Hi all, and first off apologies if I've put this in the wrong part of the forum (not sure where to put it, tbh).

Over the weekend I received an email offering the upgrade to Xara Pro for £69, but when I try and get it at that price it consistently shows up at the usual price of £89.

I've contacted Magix about it, but had no response, so just wondered if anyone else had encountered this? Am I doing something wrong?

On a more positive note, I read Talkgraphics a fair bit, so thanks to everyone who posts here, much appreciated!

UPDATE; They replied within minutes of me posting this here, so that was good. Unfortunately they hadn't read the screenshots I sent in to them correctly and advised me to login to my account to get the offer. The screenshots proved I had logged in! Anyway, problem persisting... hopefully they'll fix the issue soon so I can actually pay them.
    Last edited by Rover; 29 July 2019 at 11:14 AM.

Default Re: Xara pro upgrade pricing problem

Haven't received or seen such an offer. I can only find an upgrade price of US$ 99 (regularly UD$ 696.99!!!!!). £69 (US$ 85) would be an improvement but, IMHO, still too pricey for what is being offered. Apparently the devs are working on version 17 with significant improvements promised but we'll have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Haven't received or seen such an offer. I can only find an upgrade price of US$ 99 (regularly UD$ 696.99!!!!!). £69 (US$ 85) would be an improvement but, IMHO, still too pricey for what is being offered. Apparently the devs are working on version 17 with significant improvements promised but we'll have to see.
    Well I'm still on v.12.6 so concluded it might be worth upgrading for the (supposedly) reduced price. Been using Affinity more for work at the moment.

Sure, everyone decides for him/herself whether the additional features are worth the upgrade price.

Maowhahaha! Got the offer to work eventually! Had to NOT login to my account, and use my old Xara Pro X11 licence key to activate the upgrade offer to Xara 365, and not use my Xara 365 licence key... go figure! Still, happy bunny now!

Shop and save! Since my Xara DPX is out of service, I thought that I would take a look to see if I was getting the same offer as you. A month ago, the upgrade/extension price was 149$ Can, today it's 119$.

In my case, I found this both on the Magix site and by clicking on Upgrade on the recurring message at Xara startup.

I have until Aug. 8 to decide.

Thanks for mentioning this special deal.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

So I got the upgrade reminder in Xara today and selected the Upgrade Link in the program, select my Country US, and there it indicates $99.00 until 8-8. I'm like cool I'l bite. I login and it says 129. So I did what Rover did and used my old serial number and did not sign in - Boom $99.
    Dave Zubrowski

Just watch out that you don't get a nasty surprise if you use PayPal. I had the right price sorted to AU$129.00, but when I went though to PayPal I saw that they had USD129.00!!! It's like a minefield.

Magix also seem to be a bit unsure whether they're including Vegas Movie Studio 16 or Magix Movie Edit Pro in the deal, so if you're expecting to get one or the other carefully check all the details along the way before you hit the pay button.

@Magix, you appear to be penalising loyalty.

Why am I surprised?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

why are we not surprised - they want those pre-subscription accounts on the treadmill
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...