Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Interactive text size tool aka Live font size preview

Dear Xara

This tool appears to have two names and it's behavior also seems to be confusing.

The tool tip refers to it as ‘Interactive size’ but the help file calls it ‘Live font size preview’.

Name:  screenshot-of-tool-tip-text.png
Views: 319
Size:  4.4 KB

To my mind it seems the tool is half-finished. Would it make sense if the slider could increase/decrease the text size relative to any selected text size?

For example, at the moment it only has a range of 30 points (2pt to 32pt) for any selected text that falls between those sizes. This means the slider stops working and you can’t increase the text size if it’s 32pt or larger. (see screenshot below).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot-of-slider.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	124625

IMHO in it's current form I'm not sure this tool adds much to the overall feature set.

I would think most designers would either setup a text style to ensure consistent text size or just type in the size they need.

If a user wasn’t bothered about the point size of their text I think they would just select it and drag to change its size.

What would be useful is if the text size was dynamically displayed whilst the text was being dragged!
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Default Re: Interactive text size tool aka Live font size preview

Hello Jonopen,

It is always possible to click in the font size window and enter the desired value or vary the size with the mouse wheel but the upper limit is 72 pt in this case.
    To save time it would be nice not to have to select the text with the text tool to change its size: select the text with selector tool and have the possibility to adjust the size by entering it directly in the size window or with the mouse wheel, both methods without size limit.

Default Re: Interactive text size tool aka Live font size preview

To my mind it seems the tool is half-finished.
    Totally agree.