Dear Xara

This tool appears to have two names and it's behavior also seems to be confusing.

The tool tip refers to it as ‘Interactive size’ but the help file calls it ‘Live font size preview’.

Name:  screenshot-of-tool-tip-text.png
Views: 320
Size:  4.4 KB

To my mind it seems the tool is half-finished. Would it make sense if the slider could increase/decrease the text size relative to any selected text size?

For example, at the moment it only has a range of 30 points (2pt to 32pt) for any selected text that falls between those sizes. This means the slider stops working and you can’t increase the text size if it’s 32pt or larger. (see screenshot below).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot-of-slider.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	124625

IMHO in it's current form I'm not sure this tool adds much to the overall feature set.

I would think most designers would either setup a text style to ensure consistent text size or just type in the size they need.

If a user wasn’t bothered about the point size of their text I think they would just select it and drag to change its size.

What would be useful is if the text size was dynamically displayed whilst the text was being dragged!