Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Any recommendations for online gallery template?

Hi all

Can anyone here recommend a responsive/scaling full screen Xara web template suitable as the starting point for a simple/minimalistic four or five page online portfolio/image/photo gallery? Ideally it would have a way of displaying a full screen slide show which is also mobile device finger swipe friendly.

Many thanks
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Default Re: Any recommendations for online gallery template?

Not a standard template but:

The WOW third-party slider provides easy-to-create touch/swipe scrolling; I have used it with desktop and mobile variants with scale-to-width e.g. https://barnesbowling.org/members.htm. You could mix and match these with the standard Xara photo slideshows to create a more animated effect, or just use multiple WOW sliders.

I used the Xara standard photo slideshows on https://dstiling.co.uk and the Xara sliders could be replaced with WOW touch/swipe sliders.

Two points to note: one, you cannot copy a WOW slider from variant to another; you need to set up a separate instance for each variant and two, you cannot mix Xara and WOW sliders on the same page (seems to cause a conflict with head code inserted into the WOW placeholder).

Not the standard template you are looking for, but the components are there to create one.

Gary

Default Re: Any recommendations for online gallery template?

Thanks Gary, that's excellent you've given me a few ideas and things to investigate. It's been great to see some real life working examples.

btw I'd definitely join your bowls club and get my bathroom tiled - if I didn't live about two hundred miles away!

Thanks again.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022