Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Got the "the requested bitmap may be too big" - now wont upload website

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara error.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	124622

Upgraded to version 16 , tinkered a bit with mobile and main site, now getting this daft message - AND NO CLUES! Ok so you don't like the file, but which one is it though? I've looked in the bitmap gallery but again, no clues as to which one it is, they all seem to be around the same size, nothing too large. Back to the good old MS DOS days of "syntax error at line 240 - but we're not going to tell you what that means ha ha ha" . Can anyone offer a quick way of finding the offending image? Thanks!

Default Re: Got the "the requested bitmap may be too big" - now wont upload website

Welcome to TalkGraphics Steve

The first thing to always try is close the application then right click on the program icon and select Run as Administrator. This can frequently a variety of vexations.

If the issue persists, and assuming you have copies of all the images in a separate location, try Utilities > Optimize All Images. Set the Resolution to 192dpi to include Retina display.

If the issue persists let us know.

Default Re: Got the "the requested bitmap may be too big" - now wont upload website

Hi Steve,

Are you getting this message when trying to import a bitmap or is it coming up when you're opening a saved .web/.xar file?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

No i've not just imported a bitmap recently , just tinkered with the design.

Optimising images and running as admin doesnt work...!

What size is the bitmap you're trying to import?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I'm screwed.

Looks like I'll have to tear up my website and start again. Not a happy bunny, I depend on this website for £4000+ a month, my entire business turnover. Its my shop front, my catalogue of services, my advert to the world.

There something on the index page that is a problem, - found that by starting to delete all pages and that was the first one I deleted and then it got past the 20% mark when rendering and was ok if a bit slow. Then tried deleting all content on that page and it still didn't like it. then deleted backgrounds, everything, still didn't like it. No Idea what the problem is.As a fan of Xara sine oh I don't know when, 1997? I'm a bit miffed.

Had a thought at least I only have to replace the index page.

What happens if you copy the home page and paste it into a new web document? Then see if you are still having problems.

Sometimes a site can get corrupted and sometimes copying and pasting the pages in a new document can help.

If you try this, delete the original page which will be blank.

easy to be wise after the event …. but

programs have no intelligence, the code spews out a message - that does not always mean the issue is what it says it is

if possible I would revert to previous version of Xara from backup and then tread carefully with ver 16 in test mode
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi Steve, how about attaching your web/xar file here on TG so we can have a look. If it's to big to attach here attach it to Dropbox / Google Drive etc and give us a link
    Egg

Thanks for all your suggestions!

So I copied the index page to a new document - same problem.

Deleted all images and text - same problem

Deleted everything - even the background - same problem!

The whole site is 38mb which you're welcome to play with, but instead I have uploaded the index page in a new document and attach that as its only 3mb where you can see the problem - and hey guess what Xara 12 doesnt like it either!

steve dunning problem page - Can't render bitmap its too big.web