Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: anchors are not working in Tablet varient and mobile varient

I've had a longer look and, in retrospect, I probably didn't explain things well.

I would name the Welcome Anchor weld, welt and welm (welcome desktop, welcome tablet, welcome mobile)
    Lynne would be lynd, lynt, lynm

Of course you could name them anything you like, but separate the 3 different variants.

I usually create the main site start to finish before I create the tablet variant and the mobile variant. Therefore everything copies over to those variants meaning anchors as well. Are you saying the anchors should be different on each variant?

Thanks,
    Tony

In this case, yes. The reasoning is that the anchors were broken in some way and re-linking them was the easiest way to make them work correctly. I then noticed the mobile site was extremely slow and jerky when moving to the anchor position. I simply made each anchor and link individual and the site behaved as intended.

I often find that creating a variant isn't always as simple as it seems. The duplicating navbar on the mobile site, the hover state on touch screens, the moving off the page of the named anchor are a few examples. Renaming the problems is probably not fixing the source of the initial error, but it solves that particular problem.