Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thumbs up Re: Database in the latest Xara Web Designer Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Spitsoor View Post
    I just registered and downloaded the trial version XTom, this may very well be just what I need to get my client to upkeep his own upcoming events calendar!

Will be testing shortly.
    Cool, if you have any questions or need a hand just let me know over on the forum, email, carrier pigeon etc.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Default Re: Database in the latest Xara Web Designer Premium

Thank you again for all the information!
    Kind regards. Amine

Sorry, but I need some help.

I kinda get the idea, but the structure of my cms requirement is like a table,actually different color shapes with text over them.

How would I go about making this a cms module?

Do I need to specify all different placeholders or can I use one big placeholder that can extend so extra rows can be added??
    also, do i leave the blocks empty for the template? How do I style the text?
    Help!

this is the structure and design I am talking about:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2019-10-07 Kom naar ons toe.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	125317

Info Re: Database in the latest Xara Web Designer Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Spitsoor View Post
    Sorry, but I need some help.

I kinda get the idea, but the structure of my cms requirement is like a table,actually different color shapes with text over them.

How would I go about making this a cms module?

Do I need to specify all different placeholders or can I use one big placeholder that can extend so extra rows can be added??
    also, do i leave the blocks empty for the template? How do I style the text?
    Help!

this is the structure and design I am talking about:

Name:	Screenshot_2019-10-07 Kom naar ons toe.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	125317
    Spitoor, you don't appear to need a CMS for this.

I have used Table 09 with a lot of huffing to set up a table template, similar to your design.

Venue - Table 09.xar

Name:	Venue - Table 09.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	125319

If you need it to be a Placeholder and updated remotely, I would use Google Docs.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Spitoor, you don't appear to need a CMS for this.

I have used Table 09 with a lot of huffing to set up a table template, similar to your design.

Venue - Table 09.xar

Name:	Venue - Table 09.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	125319

If you need it to be a Placeholder and updated remotely, I would use Google Docs.

Acorn

thnx Acorn, but the question was actually about implementing it with the xt-cms

still haven't found a good way to have the client fill it out themselves and now with Xara cloud being gone (free doesn't allow it and the basic is no longer) it's so hard to find a decent substitute.
    hence the try at the cms modules. I actually tried google docs, but that doesn't retain the makeup of the cells somehow. so it looks really weird.

Sorry then xtom will have to step in.

Regarding Xara Cloud, the Basic plan has been replaced by the Free plan: check https://www.xara.com/uk/pricing/ as SmartShapes are still usable.
    I can't check directly as I am currently on the Team plan trial. You may not be able to add in a Table from Xara Cloud but you should be able to edit an existing one (designed in XDPX).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat