Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default SEO question - subpages on main website or links to specific external pages?

Hi everyone,
    An SEO question for the experts in the group. I own a walking tour company. I've got a webpage where I have all my tours in subpages which you reach from the home page. Example - my homepage would be mytours and then mytours.com/tour 1 and mytours.com/tour 2 etc etc.
    If I own the specific domain for tour 1 (let's say www.tour1.com) am I better having my homepage link not to a subpage in my main domain, but to what's actually the external webpage of www.tour1.com? Which is best for SEO?
    Many thanks,
    Robert FH

Default Re: SEO question - subpages on main website or links to specific external pages?

Why would you buy/use different domains other than mytours.com tour-1 should be name of the page, not a domain. Jumping around from one domain to another will do you no good for SEO. Also instead of giving a page name like tour-1 give it a name that people search for on google. Like walk-bird-watching

Default Re: SEO question - subpages on main website or links to specific external pages?

Thanks for the help. I've actually called them the proper names for the tours - the mytour1 was just an example. So I do tours of Greyfriars Kirkyard in Edinburgh. My main website page for this is - https://www.historicedinburghtours.c...kyard-tour.htm But I also own http://www.greyfriarskirkyardtour.co.uk/ I was just thinking that the second one would maybe be a better focus for SEO. That's all. Thanks.

You offer two tours, Edinburgh and Greyfriars; your first URL is currently fifth in a Google search I did and tripadvisor gives you some great reviews. The second URL links back to the booking page of your first URL. I am not an SEO expert but if it works I would leave it as it is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Edinburgh Tours Trip Advisor.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	124734  

Thank you Initiostar. I appreciate the help - this will save me a lot of time! I thought I might have to re-jig things.
    Thanks again,
    Robert