Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Presentation no show !

Hi, Hoping that someone can offer me the nugget of information that has missed my brain....

I made a small presentation which works as expected, all the pages, layers appear and look as planned.

I thought that a more informal and walk around way to do this presentation would be to run it on my phone using a Miracast link to beam it onto projector/big screen.

The Miracast part works fine. Unfortunately I can't persuade the presentation to work 'stand alone' on the phone. I tansferred the folder containing index.htm and the index_htm_files folder to my phone. I then try to open the index.htm file using either Chrome or HTML Viewer. Neither of them work, my screen shows a small image icon and the pages text. No formatting, no interaction possible and zero interest!

So the question is, What am I doing wrong ?

Best wishes

zap

Default Re: Presentation no show !

I wonder if this would work if you published the presentation to a web host then link to a browser page on your phone? I am not too familiar with presentations but I think the feature was added before support was added for mobile devices. And how an index file accesses information on the phone may not be the same as when it accesses information on a web server.

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I tried that first, and it worked ! this is why I don't understand why having the files on the phone doesn't work ! although I say it worked, it was not a full screen experience...

I will be giving the first presentation in a tiny village, Suzette, way up in the mountains where 4G connectivity is still a dream !

This is not a BIG issue, if I don't find a solution I will just play it on the PC but moving into the audience would be cool...

Thanks for your help

zap

Perhaps this is an app waiting to be written? Phones, as far as I know, don't use a file, folder system like computers do. I could be wrong because I am the least technical person I know. But I have never found a way to name any of the photos on my iPhone.

Phones, as far as I know, don't use a file, folder system like computers do
    You could try this Gary.

LINK
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg - I do a lot of photo processing by sending photos to my iPhone email account, saving the attached photos, and then emailing the processed photo back. But the one area I could really use this is when saving images processed in Prisma. As we discussed in another thread, this would help identify a filter applied so one could have a visual sample of how a specific filter effects a specific filter. And since I might apply and save a half dozen images, it would be very time consuming to email each one to my email account to identify the filter I used.

Photo Re: Presentation no show !

Quote Originally Posted by zapatak View Post
    Hi Gary,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I tried that first, and it worked ! this is why I don't understand why having the files on the phone doesn't work ! although I say it worked, it was not a full screen experience...

I will be giving the first presentation in a tiny village, Suzette, way up in the mountains where 4G connectivity is still a dream !

This is not a BIG issue, if I don't find a solution I will just play it on the PC but moving into the audience would be cool...

Thanks for your help

zap
    Perhaps a misunderstanding? response a bit late, perhaps not too late ..

Note this quote from zapatak: I will be giving the first presentation in a tiny village, Suzette, way up in the mountains where 4G connectivity is still a dream!

I understand that it is a (business) presentation of sheets, with or without photos. To be displayed as a web page but possibly without internet ( see also Xara Page & Layout Designer ).

You can do 2 things: make very large photos readable remotely in series (?) , or a presentation in which photos make workable without the internet as a local website .... in other words transfer / export (always landscape) to LibreOffice Presentation or for instance Ability and abpresent. With display by overhead projector and a slide screen of say 2 x 1,5 meters.

translation by google.