Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Heading 1 renders as a png instead of H1 text

Hopefully a quick and easy question/answer...

I'm using the Studio Theme in Designer Pro 15 and have just spotted that all of my Heading1's on all pages are being saved as a png file which results in no <H1> tags on any page. Is there a way to change this to a proper <H1>? The element on the page appears to be a simple text element of Heading1

Info Re: Heading 1 renders as a png instead of H1 text

Quote Originally Posted by vfrvulcan View Post
    Hopefully a quick and easy question/answer...
    I'm using the Studio Theme in Designer Pro 15 and have just spotted that all of my Heading1's on all pages are being saved as a png file which results in no <H1> tags on any page. Is there a way to change this to a proper <H1>? The element on the page appears to be a simple text element of Heading1
    You will get an image if you group text with anything, even itself.
    Use the Page & Layer gallery and ensure you are in Layer Mode with Locate depressed.
    When you click on your H1 text does it show as Text Line, Column or Area or Group?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Heading 1 renders as a png instead of H1 text

Thanks for the quick reply Acorn.

It shows as Text Line

Arrow Re: Heading 1 renders as a png instead of H1 text

Thanks for the quick reply Acorn.
    It shows as Text Line
    I have included a test file for you.
    Do check that - H1 Test.xar.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Other given giving an error saying it was produced in a newer version and some data may be ignored, it does actually export <h1>'s for all three elements. Can't see the difference between these and my h1 text lines...

Other given giving an error saying it was produced in a newer version and some data may be ignored, it does actually export <h1>'s for all three elements. Can't see the difference between these and my h1 text lines...
    The "errors" are not important, you could just save it in yours to get rid of the chatter.

Can you create a similar test file and check that?

The only thing that I can think of is the Text Line is slightly Rotated or Skewed.

Acorn

Test file is fine, Studio Theme loaded afresh has same issue but I think I've worked it out - there seems to be a 50% flat transparency applied to the text, which as you said above would cause h1 to be rendered as a png.

Strange that a standard theme would be done in such a way as to never produce an <h1> tag but hey-ho!

Thanks for your help Acorn

Test file is fine, Studio Theme loaded afresh has same issue but I think I've worked it out - there seems to be a 50% flat transparency applied to the text, which as you said above would cause h1 to be rendered as a png.
    Strange that a standard theme would be done in such a way as to never produce an <h1> tag but hey-ho!
    Thanks for your help Acorn
    You found the Transparency. It is a pity that Xara claims its Templates are professional but I find them littered with bear traps so I rarely use them other than to dissect out something I think is neat.

Acorn

Good/Bad find there vfr!
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    It is a pity that Xara claims its Templates are professional
    Even professionals are human and sometimes humans have bosses or timescales sitting on their shoulders.