Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Line Color Not Showing on Shapes

Hello,

I'm having an issue where I draw a rectangle (using the rectangle tool) and use a line color to surround it. When I go to "Preview" the line does not show up around the rectangle.

Below: Has line on shape in Web Designer
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	124559

Below: Does not have line in Preview or after publishing
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard02.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	124560

I'm still fairly new to this program so I assume there's something I don't understand about the shapes or line elements for that matter. However, I have used this feature before, using the same method I'm using now, and I was able to get the line around the shape. For some reason at the moment, it's not working. Also, I noticed the line tool works on photos but not on shapes?

Default Re: Line Color Not Showing on Shapes

I just noticed the 0px line width at the top.. Apologies for this silly post.

A few things to check.

Have you applied feathering to the shape? The feathering slider is in the top right portion of the screen and softens the edges of shapes.

Does your shape have transparency? Depending upon the transparency this might cause the outline not to display.

Is the line width set to something? I cannot tell from your screen shot because TG reduces everything to 800px max width. Try this line width and see if it works, 1px

Well next time you have a few more things to check.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Well next time you have a few more things to check.
    Yes I do, thank you for the response! I have a few things to check next time.

Don't fell bad. I have been bitten by this more than once before I notice the 0px setting.

Ray

0pt is a special line width that is not the same as None.
    Neither render but at any scale on the design page, 0pt is always shown as the thinnest possible line width.
    it is useful when working with intersecting shapes.

Note: A zero width line is a special case, and should not normally be used. This draws a line one device-pixel wide. The actual size will therefore depend on the device the drawing is displayed on. On a monitor screen one pixel is clearly visible and is never shown anti-aliased. On devices such as printers and particularly on image setters, which have a much higher resolution, the line is almost invisible (zero width lines in imported files are converted to 0.25pt).
    It has its moments.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat