Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Lightbulb Text Squishy Squashy solved for v15.0

Not as elegant as https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...lved-for-v15-0, but it retains text as text.

For your Text Line, Column or Area, use the Select Tool and add the special Name, htmlclass="stretch".
    In the Website > HTML Code (head), add:
    Code:
    <style>.stretch { transform:scale(1, 0.5); }
    </style>
    You would need to create different classes for each scaling you require:
    Code:
    .stretchHV { transform:scale(H, V); }
    Keep H or V equal to 1 and set the other to a decimal smaller than one.

It is not elegant as you do not see the effect until Previewed.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Text Squishy Squashy solved for v15.0

If I told you that I don't do websites ... only Graphics ... does that throw a wrench into the works.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I know any mention of Smart Transform makes us all rush for the pitchforks and torches, but doesn't pressing the Alt key whilst stretching work in v15?

There are so many answers that seem to work with some and not others that I've really lost the plot with all this.

alt key may work if you have lock aspect ratio unticked as well - it does in ver 15.1 when smart transform is enabled, but that is no guarantee for ver 15.0
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    If I told you that I don't do websites ... only Graphics ... does that throw a wrench into the works.
    Keith, yes it does.

Xara really has left some Customers high and dry.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    I know any mention of Smart Transform makes us all rush for the pitchforks and torches, but doesn't pressing the Alt key whilst stretching work in v15?
    There are so many answers that seem to work with some and not others that I've really lost the plot with all this.
    Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    alt key may work if you have lock aspect ratio unticked as well - it does in ver 15.1 when smart transform is enabled, but that is no guarantee for ver 15.0
    Were life that simple. No amount of manipulation helps in XWDPv15.0.
    Were it XDPXv15.0, you could use the Text Tool > Aspect Ratio and all would be well.

Acorn

I seem to recall now that the alt key route was suggested during the 'mega-thread' as a way of stretching within smart transform, so it would be a ver 15.1 implementation
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I seem to recall now that the alt key route was suggested during the 'mega-thread' as a way of stretching within smart transform, so it would be a ver 15.1 implementation
    There was a further great debate elsewhere to jettison Smart transform and just have the Alt-key toggle, so much simpler. The "fix" is v15.1+.

Acorn

I suppose it is an extension of Xara's philosophy of idiot proofing the software.. which sometimes makes me wonder if I should still be using it
    Nothing lasts forever...