I've been really bad at posting updates for Xara Cloud, which I know you all are all super interested in and eager to hear about. Will try and keep more on top of it.

We've just released update 62, release notes here: https://docs.xara.com/en/articles/31...18th-july-2019

New Line Charts
We've now added line charts. These will be in desktop as well although I'm not sure when.

Chart Improvements
New X and Y axis lines, label rotation, show / hide values button and better controls for resizing charts. Performance improvements are also on their way.

Direct PDF file open
You can now directly open PDF's from Xara Cloud, edit and re-export as PDF. Previously you were only able to import a PDF into an existing document. This feature is still in beta so a few bugs or quirks might show up.

Shortcuts for SmartFields and Company Fonts
Added shortcuts to the company SmartFields and Fonts from their respective menus rather than having to go into the control panel to add.

Bug fixes and improvements
  • Fixed an issue where text was not being entered on the iPad.
  • Fixed an issue where auto-correcting text caused an internal error.
  • Fixed an issue where lines and arrows were not snapping to shapes.
  • Fixed an issue when rotating a photo within a layout that's grouped.
  • Fixed an issue when adding new rows to a table in Firefox.
  • Fixed selection issue when dragging on a backpanel of a text panel
  • Fixed an error when changing page selection.
  • Fixed a styling issue within comments.
  • Resetting UI settings will no longer remove recent documents.
  • Improved error message when attempting to access a document you don't have permission to access.
  • Improved error message when attempting to upload a non-supported font type.
  • Improved notifications when a setting is changed in the control panel.
  • Improved error message information when trying to access a document from a disconnected drive.
  • Improved access to company settings from the company fonts and smartfields panel.
  • Improved trial account "days left" tooltips.
  • Improved coffee machine by descaling it.
  • Various other small and server side fixes and improvements.

My job now includes the role of technical writer so I'll be taking over the release notes as well as producing the articles. An awful lot of work goes into each update, both for Desktop and Cloud and I want to highlight that with more detailed and descriptive notes rather than just "we've done a load of bug fixes".

Let me know if you have and questions.

Rob