Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Non graphic Questions

I have a few things I want to understand and in reading the manual, it seems that most of the how to info is geared toward graphic designers. I'm just a business owner try to continue to publish my web site without running to a graphic designer very time I want to make a change. Is there a way to post a snippet of my latest bog post on my home page, possible in a little window. My blogposts are hosted on a subdomain with wordpress.

Default Re: Non graphic Questions

You might be able to do this with an iframe. You are using an older version of Web Designer and I am not sure where to find this but there should be a widget "Embed a Website".

The widget will ask you for a link to the page you want to link to. Then click Generate Code.

Once you have done this (and this is the part Xara leaves out) if select this link and then hit Ctrl + C to copy this to the clipboard.

Then click Insert.

You will probably need to modify the size of the widget by editing the dimensions.

This is all kind of vague. If you need more details, ask.

Default Re: Non graphic Questions

You could also take a screenshot of the part you want to showcase and link it to your blog. Replacing the screenshot is just a case of dropping the new screenshot directly onto the original one. Xara will replace the picture using the same size and retain the link.