Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Image Squishy Squashy solved for v15.0

Mike - How're you feeling?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Mike - How're you feeling?
    Testy?

Otherwise fine because I can also squish/squash bitmaps, too...

My problem Mike, is that I didn't keep my "subscription" up to date, and had to reinstall version 15.0 which doesn't have an OFF button for Smart Transform. I know that Acorn was aware of my issue, you may not have been, so I wasn't very concise in my response.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    My problem Mike, is that I didn't keep my "subscription" up to date, and had to reinstall version 15.0 which doesn't have an OFF button for Smart Transform. I know that Acorn was aware of my issue, you may not have been, so I wasn't very concise in my response.
    Does setting the registry entry for EnableGroupSquash = 1 work (it's under the Options | Dragging section)?

For an image, perhaps grouping an image to itself would work with that setting?

re text - does holding the alt key work with lock aspect ratio unticked ?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Does setting the registry entry for EnableGroupSquash = 1 work (it's under the Options | Dragging section)?
    For an image, perhaps grouping an image to itself would work with that setting?
    Mike, just tried the EnableGroupSquash setting but no difference. Self-grouping was an early thought that does not work either.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    re text - does holding the alt key work with lock aspect ratio unticked ?
    Sadly no.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

so ver 15.0 users are stuck then in that regard.... high and dry like you said in the other thread..
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

High and dry - my solution was to go back to V10 ... Doesn't sound too positive for v15 software that I "bought".
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Everyone on this thread seems to be extremely sanguine about the Squishy Squashy problem and indeed everything else that MagiXara has managed to make an absolute dog's breakfast of. CEO Boulton is getting an easy ride here, folks. Back in my day, I would have had him taken out and shot for presiding over these tales of woe...(well, you get the gist...)
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.