Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Info Image Squishy Squashy solved for v15.0

I fire up XWDPv15.0 on occasions and wrestle with the inability to squish or squash an image.

Today after 18 months of Xara not bug fixing it, I may have cracked it.
    It is very complicated and requires an entire chapter of discourse that I cannot fit into the margins of TG.

Drop an image onto your design page. In the Fill Tool, change Fill tiling to Repeating tile.
    Squish or squash to your heart's content.

If someone else solved it earlier, all hail.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Image Squishy Squashy solved for v15.0

interesting - not got v15.0 to try it - useful for those who have
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Works in 16 too. But in version 15 can you right click on the Lock Aspect Ratio button and disable Smart Transform?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Works in 16 too. But in version 15 can you right click on the Lock Aspect Ratio button and disable Smart Transform?
    Gary, no such thing as Smart transform in v15.0!
    It is there in v15.1 onwards but if your purchase and regression version is v15.0, you are stymied.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Progress.

How can you do the same with text ... It's rare I squash an image. I do it with text regularly. My fix at the moment is V10 ...
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    How can you do the same with text ... It's rare I squash an image. I do it with text regularly. My fix at the moment is V10 ...
    Keith, all I craved was a moment of glory...

...you can't. Well, you can but I'll raise another Thread - here it is https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...lved-for-v15-0.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    About the only time I distort type is when matching logo text.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture_000107.png 
Views:	74 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	124558

Here I've squished and squashed text in v.16 P&GD. Smart transform...I leave it unchecked...and then I only need to disable the Lock Aspect button.

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    About the only time I distort type is when matching logo text.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture_000107.png 
Views:	74 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	124558

Here I've squished and squashed text in v.16 P&GD. Smart transform...I leave it unchecked...and then I only need to disable the Lock Aspect button.
    Again, this Thread is not how to use the Smart transform, it is for images where in v15.0, there is no Smart transform.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Again, this Thread is not how to use the Smart transform, it is for images where in v15.0, there is no Smart transform.

Acorn
    Back off.

I was responding to someone else...which you also did and did not chastise him.