Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How do I stop the reminder for me to update?

it will need to verify sooner or later I think, but you should be able to let it through and then block it again when it does
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Don't go there - therein madness lies!

Acorn
    You do have a point up to a point?! But, either way, it's madness. Something like this would drive me bonkers! I just stopped using Xara completely. Nagging to me is pointless, but sooner or later there's only so you can put up with.

Sooner, or later there's got to be a breaking point... or as some say a cracking point, which makes all the nagging 100% useless and detrimental to the bottom line.

If you use the Windows Firewall method, and you upload your website from within your Xara program, make sure you only block ports 80 to 443. This leaves port 21 open to keep the website upload function open.

I too got sick of the damn upgrade pop-ups. When I started the program today and the upgrade popup box appeared I saw the very slight appearance of something hidden at the very bottom of the popup page. The window shows full size, by height, so you can't move it up the screen to find out what the "other bits" are at the very bottom.
    I had my task bar set on always showing though, so I changed that to autohide and I could see the boxes for "Don't show this again" & "Close"
    I checked the "Don't show this again" and so far it hasn't

it probably will though just as soon there is a 'new offer'
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Would anyone of you be kind enough to illustrate how to make a rule in fire wall to stop this madness? Video would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnzer View Post
    I too got sick of the damn upgrade pop-ups. When I started the program today and the upgrade popup box appeared I saw the very slight appearance of something hidden at the very bottom of the popup page. The window shows full size, by height, so you can't move it up the screen to find out what the "other bits" are at the very bottom.
    I had my task bar set on always showing though, so I changed that to autohide and I could see the boxes for "Don't show this again" & "Close"
    I checked the "Don't show this again" and so far it hasn't
    Please follow the below link, I hope it will help you put:
    https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...156#post592156

Thank you so much.