Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Is there a way to align relative to the last selected object?

Hello, I'd like to ask whether there's a way to align relative to the last selected object in Xara Designer?

I've been looking for this feature and only thing I found was that you can align based on selection bounds, page or object that is furthest to the back.

Default Re: Is there a way to align relative to the last selected object?

Not that I am aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Not that I am aware of.
    Oh.. How do I center items to specific object without ruining my composition by placing objects to back?

I know there is snapping, but that tends to snap to everything else, but the thing I want it to snap to.. (Unless there is a way to set specific snapping points?? I'll have to look that up.)

Yeah, I know what you are saying. If two objects are being centered, they will be centered on the larger of the two.

All I can suggest is move the larger object to the back and then after you center bring it back to the front.

Or with Snap to Objects enabled, drag the top object until the visual centering guideline appears.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snap to.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	124525  

or maybe, depending on circumstances, clone the target object, put clone to back, align to clone, delete clone
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I would have just created a H or V Guideline centred and then used that for alignment.

For alignment issues on a busy page, I create a separate Layer and work Solo with that or Lock everything and Unlock the usual suspects.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat