Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Help needed from XDP16 users

I'm wishing I hadn't upgraded.

I suppose Magix think they've done something useful, but, I HATE IT.

I've imported an image, and then cut a section out of it.
    I now want to do various things with it.
    When I select the image, I get some useful looking handles at the corners and nodes in the horizontal and vertical.

Now, here are my issues with this:
    1. I may want to zoom in and want to use one of the other corners to rotate. Is there any way of doing this?
    2. I can't stretch the image horizontally or vertically. If I try, all I get is more of the image that this section was cropped out of.

Does anyone know how to get back to the way things worked in XDP11?

If I wanted more of the image, then it was easy enough to select the horizontal or vertical nodes and open up more of the image in previous XDP versions, anyway.
    So, why this terrible change?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xdp16_issue.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	104.3 KB 
ID:	124512  
    Last edited by Rik; 14 July 2019 at 09:37 PM. Reason: added image

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Default Re: Help needed from XDP16 users

1. Right click on the Lock Aspect Ratio and DISABLE Smart Transition. I really do not like this feature.

2. Select the image with the Selector Tool.

Done as you suggested, Gary.

But, as you can see by the attached image, the issue is still there.

This is a totally C*** feature.
    And I can't seem to get rid of it.

Name:	xdp16_issue_still.png 
Views:	52 
Size:	147.2 KB 
ID:	124513  

Ah yes. This is what happens when Xara tries to make the program easier to use.

Click on the icon in the top left, Show Selection Bounds Handles

Name:	Show selection bounds handles.png 
Views:	43 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	124514  

Thanks, Gary.

I say again, "This is a C*** feature."

I suppose it serves me right for upgrading.
    I wonder what other helpful features have been added.

I don't think I've ever said this about a Xara product before, but, if anyone has not upgraded to XDP16, my advice is to not bother and save your money.

Well for my money, the Open Type support has been worth the price. But if Xara want another dime out of me, they are going to have to add Master Pages and independent left and right pages when working on books.

Rik,

I haven't found anyone yet who likes this feature!

When this can out in version 15.0 there was no option to even turn it off, and it created a huge storm of anger. So much so, that there is a whole thread ... https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ing-megathread ... about it. You should have tried to stretch or condense text. A thing that we all seem to do regularly.

My gripe is not that it had to be fixed but that now ... since I haven't renewed my update service ... my version XP&GD15 is completely useless, since I cannot even get a patch, and have had to go back to V10.

I suspect that I'll now have to upgrade for it to be worthwhile to me ... I think I may hold out for V17 though.

Just as a matter of interest ... to me, I no-one else ... If I renew my update service when version 17 comes out, will that allow me to patch my version 15 install as well?
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Did you not keep XPD11 on your comp Rik so you could swap from one to the other? If I ever upgrade,if, I will do this because from reading most of the posts about upgrading, it seems you put yourself on the road to hell I'm still using PG&D11 and I'm perfectly happy with it so as said I will keep this version also if ever I upgrade. I can't see any good reason to as yet!!

Stygg

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    Rik,

I haven't found anyone yet who likes this feature!

When this can out in version 15.0 there was no option to even turn it off, and it created a huge storm of anger. So much so, that there is a whole thread ... https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ing-megathread ... about it. You should have tried to stretch or condense text. A thing that we all seem to do regularly.
    Well, I've not read all of the thread you gave a link for, but, it's clear to see the extreme frustrations in the newer versions.
    I started with Xara 3.2, and upgraded every time. It's only since V11 that I had not upgraded. And I foolishly expected to find some great improvements as I had not upgraded for quite some time.

If they're pandering to the new users, then where are these new users?
    Would you not have expected TalkGraphics to be a hive of activity?!

Quote Originally Posted by stygg2003 View Post
    Did you not keep XPD11 on your comp Rik so you could swap from one to the other? If I ever upgrade,if, I will do this because from reading most of the posts about upgrading, it seems you put yourself on the road to hell I'm still using PG&D11 and I'm perfectly happy with it so as said I will keep this version also if ever I upgrade. I can't see any good reason to as yet!!

Stygg
    Well, you might want to learn from my experience and not upgrade to V16.
    I have to totally agree with you, when you say that 'I put myself on the road to hell'.
    What has happened, now, is that my blind faith in Xara has been completely destroyed.

I've still got V11 on my Laptop.
    But, surely the idea would be to try and get to know the new version.

@MB365, if someone as well versed in Xara products as Rik falls foul of the Squishy/Squashy Saga and is stymied by the machinations needed to get things working as required and Customers who don't update are reverted back to an unworkable version (ss-kalm & v15.0), what hope do others who do not follow TalkGraphics have? Do you not think it is time to sort out proper bug versions and the Update Service as in its current form is is wholly incompatible with you delivering an equitable outcome. There is no point on having a version that "you own outright" if it is broken.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat