Quote Originally Posted by browj2 View Post
As for the photo tool, I was also one who complained about the loss of the squishy squashy handles. Xara put it back and it's easy to find, but the default is what you see now, cropping on the top and sides , rounding the corners using the upper left handle, rotating with the upper right handle, resizing using the lower right. What I have found is that I almost never use the squishy squashy handles, but I almost always use the crop and resize handles. So for me, the new default handle method is ideal.
John, until you have to revert to v15.0 where there is no remedy. The new controls totally ignore Skew. I rotate shapes around different centres; the new Controls don't have such finesse - look at a Pentagram. I can only resize from the Bottom Right (until I Rotate the New Controls elsewhere). I can Shift Scale, keeping the Shape locked. I can Squish and Squash to my heart's content. The Smart Transform farrago has eight modalities and, I for one, can never remember which one I am in. (Selection bound handles On/Off, Lock aspect ratio On/Off, Smart transform On/Off). There is an elegance to the Mouse with Meta Keys that has been replaced with Hunt 'n' Peck.

Acorn