Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Help needed from XDP16 users

Quote Originally Posted by browj2 View Post
    As for the photo tool, I was also one who complained about the loss of the squishy squashy handles. Xara put it back and it's easy to find, but the default is what you see now, cropping on the top and sides , rounding the corners using the upper left handle, rotating with the upper right handle, resizing using the lower right. What I have found is that I almost never use the squishy squashy handles, but I almost always use the crop and resize handles. So for me, the new default handle method is ideal.
    John, until you have to revert to v15.0 where there is no remedy. The new controls totally ignore Skew. I rotate shapes around different centres; the new Controls don't have such finesse - look at a Pentagram. I can only resize from the Bottom Right (until I Rotate the New Controls elsewhere). I can Shift Scale, keeping the Shape locked. I can Squish and Squash to my heart's content. The Smart Transform farrago has eight modalities and, I for one, can never remember which one I am in. (Selection bound handles On/Off, Lock aspect ratio On/Off, Smart transform On/Off). There is an elegance to the Mouse with Meta Keys that has been replaced with Hunt 'n' Peck.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    To change the Licensee in Xara, you can use RegEdit in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Xara\XtremePr o\16.
    I don't endorse tweaking the Registry unless you are happy with doing so.

Acorn
    Thank, Acorn.

This one single item, demonstrates to me, that the programmers of this wonderful software have really lost the plot.
    And, why oh why have they moved the Tracking and Kerning options onto a different bar?
    All very well if you've got a 50 foot wide screen for all these bars. But, not if you're working on a small Laptop; which is where I work 99.9% of the time.
    I use Tracking A LOT.
    So, now I've got to remove the 'Website' bar to make way for the large 'Advanced text bar'.

Another C*** feature.

OK, so you've decided to make a few changes. Then why not allow users to add and move these buttons/options around.
    Oh, I know why. It's because the new users will not even be capable of working out how to show/hide rotation handles. Therefore, they won't have a clue how to re-organise bars.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Decided to personalise the splashcreen a little bit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	splashscreen.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	105.4 KB 
ID:	124545  

Made some changes to the splashscreen and this one is completely vector.
    And removed the version number.

Views:	44 
Size:	85.1 KB 
ID:	124561  

I've decided to change the splashscreen to something completely different.

I only put a 'drawing' icon on the splashscreen, because that's what I use Xara for, majority of the time.

Views:	25 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	125126