Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Open Link in a New Window (with Height & Width defined)

Is there an easy way within the Xara Link Dialogue box to extend Open Link: "_blank" to include attributes such as height="960px",width="480px"? This allows the window in window you can see in the picture without the need to manually resize the browser.

I can create a placeholder that is replaced with a button link and script to achieve this, but my guess is there should be easier alternative customisable button?

Thanks,

Gary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Window.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	124509  

Default Re: Open Link in a New Window (with Height & Width defined)

Taking the code line in your screenshot, precede it all with "javascript:" and add to the Link to Web box instead.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn, not sure I have gone wrong here? I tried "javascript: window.open (“https://initiostar.co.uk”, ”_blank,” “toolbar=yes,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,top=500, left=500,width=400,height=400”)", but no success. Attached example XAR

Gary
    Attached Files Attached Files

Info Re: Open Link in a New Window (with Height & Width defined)

You fell foul of fat-finger syndrome with a comma inside the quotes for blank and more importantly Xara's Smart Quotes. It needed a semi-colon to end the statement.

You need to use a text editor to input:
    Code:
    javascript: window.open ("https://initiostar.co.uk", "_blank", "toolbar=yes,scrollbars=yes,resizeable=yes,top=500,left=500,width=400,height=400");
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you for your help Acorn; it works.