Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Remove .html from the end of url

I want to have a url for a page on my site called unitedtaps.com/dance with no.htm or .html on it. How do I do this? I did a search but didn't find anything. Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Remove .html from the end of url

If you publish this page to a separate folder and name the folder dance, then your link will work as long as the page in the folder is called index.html. The folder needs to be in your root directory on the web host's servers. The same location as your index.html

The page can look just like ever other page on your website, or not. And you can include the same navigation bar, except now you will have to link these buttons to the actual physical address of your site instead of just a page name. When a browser encounters a folder, it automatically looks for an index file and if it finds one it loads it.

Thanks for the link, James.

I want to have a url for a page on my site called unitedtaps.com/dance with no.htm or .html on it.
    Can I ask why you would wish to do this?

As Gary stated if you use the url unitedtaps.com/dance which contains the file index.htm that opens that page without the need for a filename unitedtaps.com/dance/index.htm
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host