Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Page rendering and calculations

Yes, it was a shocker. But I learned now to work on a page by itself and once finished copy and paste into the larger site.

Doesn't sound ideal but better than having to go for a coffee every time you make an edit....

Well, during rendering calculations for output to the web, I checked the cpu usage and it is at 30% and free memory is almost 6G, So I wonder even a faster machine with more memory will still bear the same results. I do not think Xara is optimized to use full CPU power.
    Last edited by behzad; 18 July 2019 at 11:23 PM.

Here is a screen shot of when converting document for export and what cpu and memory it uses.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_1.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	124563

[QUOTE=behzad;612260]Well, during rendering calculations for output to the web, I checked the cpu usage and it is at 30% and free memory is almost 6G, So I wonder even a faster machine with more memory will still bear the same results. I do not think Xara is optimized to use full CPU power.[/QUOTE

How many pages are being rendered at a time and how long does it take?

Here is the info. Pages are long and full of text and some images. Click here for an example of one of the pages.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_1.png 
Views:	49 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	124564

But how long does it take to publish the site?

5:40 min. All the pages.

We had a PM: get rid of Xara NavBars; be wary of Smart Tables; filename repeating images.; never group text; avoid shapes that are just for display unless they are pure solid rectangles with curved corners and a modest line width; avoid Transparencies that are not Flat. Effectively. anything to keep you design vector and text.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Dear Acorn, I think one of those recommendations implies to this website that I am designing. The cpu is not even using full potential and it is rendering at max 30%. This is a problem with Xara at processing level. They are using engine that was originally designed for rendering vector graphics for screen and print not for web.