Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Page rendering and calculations

How can I block some pages from being calculated by xara for output to the web. I just want to work on the one page I have and not have to wait minutes for all the pages to be converted for export.

Default Re: Page rendering and calculations

There are two things you can do: Preview page instead of Preview whole website (File/Preview Web Page or Shft+F5) and Fast Publish (go to Utilities/Web Properties/Publish and tick Fast Publish). The first option is only for local previewing and the second is for publishing/uploading only those files that have been modified.

Thank you Boy, tried both, they are still slow, problem being low memory on laptop and large pages. I am waiting to add 8G to my system and will try soon. Meanwhile I am doing pages on their own and once finalized adding it to the main website that is slow.

Eight G extra might just do the job.

Hide all the Layers of the Pages you are not working on.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks, Acorn did that, not sure if it really helps. Do you know this for a fact?

How can I block some pages from being calculated by Xara for output to the web.
    Possibly by selecting Publish / Settings / Fast Publish (Only changed Files).

I just want to work on the one page I have and not have to wait minutes for all the pages to be converted for export
    Copy the content of that single page & publish it to a sub-directory.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg. I am now doing one page at a time and once finished and approved copying everything on that page and pasting it to the main file. The layers will no work nor the fast publishing. Xara happens to calculate everything on all pages regardless of just exporting that one page.

Installed memory 8G and the pages render 3 minutes faster than previously.

3 minutes? Wow, that must be a relief!