Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: I really don't know why, but I did...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    ... Naw, you're fine Chris, just carry on.
    hmm, looks like you've found us out. heehee...

But not so heehee is I can't load any online content from the catalog and nothing else is working as far as downloading.

There's this script error: Line 2,Char 2055,Object expected, Code 0, http://downloadsv16xara.com/web/shar...dor/dot.min.js

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? [Yes] [No]

...honestly, answering yes or no doesn't do anything different!

I've downloaded the trial version, but the ability to download from the Online Content Catalog isn't a testable item... it's just something that we assume works and is bug free!

I know... I did say assume.
    I don't know what to do, but so far I've been skunked! and support?! From what I've heard, I'm more apt to ask for a refund.

If anyone knows anything, please help... much appreciated.

Exclamation Re: I really don't know why, but I did...

Quote Originally Posted by TwoEdgedSword View Post

There's this script error: Line 2,Char 2055,Object expected, Code 0, http://downloadsv16xara.com/web/shar...dor/dot.min.js

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? [Yes] [No]

If anyone knows anything, please help... much appreciated.

I might add that the Online Content Catalog works fine on X11, but errors on X16!

I might add that the Online Content Catalog works fine on X11, but errors on X16!
    I am confused. If you are on a trial version, why would Xara consider downloading its content to you? how can you get a refund?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I am confused. If you are on a trial version, why would Xara consider downloading its content to you? how can you get a refund?

Acorn
    I tried out the trial version over a month ago and everything worked (far as I could tell).

Being on a 'trial' version at the time, there's no way that I would have known that the Online Content Catalog (OCC) was buggy.

I upgraded to X16 two days ago and just now found out that I have no access to the OCC.

I also left X11 installed and its OCC is 100% fine with zero errors.

I tried out the trial version over a month ago and everything worked (far as I could tell).
    Being on a 'trial' version at the time, there's no way that I would have known that the Online Content Catalog (OCC) was buggy.
    I upgraded to X16 two days ago and just now found out that I have no access to the OCC.
    I also left X11 installed and its OCC is 100% fine with zero errors.
    The OCC is not buggy but you may have to run your application as Administrator, the once, to let required DLLs register properly.

If that fails contact Magix, they are usually helpful in configuration issues. It actually sounds like a registration issue that has been around on occasion.Do push Magix to reset your OCC currency period to when the problem gets fixed as it would not be fair otherwise.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    The OCC is not buggy but you may have to run your application as Administrator, the once, to let required DLLs register properly.

If that fails contact Magix, they are usually helpful in configuration issues. It actually sounds like a registration issue that has been around on occasion.Do push Magix to reset your OCC currency period to when the problem gets fixed as it would not be fair otherwise.

Acorn
    Thank you for that. I ran as administrator and same error. :sigh:

it provides all the tools for a range of graphic designing tasks I think this is the only software which gives you all in one rather than illustration and web designing.