Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I really don't know why, but I did...

...upgrade to XDP16.

I've been using XDP11 for ages, so, what can you tell me is good about Xara Designer Pro 16?

So... tell me all the good stuff about XDP16, so that I can try it out.

By the way, I hate the icon.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Default Re: I really don't know why, but I did...

I was going to point you to the release notes http://releasenotes.xara.hosting/designer-pro-x16/ but as you can see if you click on this link, the page is not found.

So maybe nothing to see here folks. Move along.

As I remember there are a lot of new and improved smart shapes, and tables. Added support for Open Type Style sets and ligatures and other text tool improvements. Text inside a shape which is not high on my list of desired new features has been improved.

Maybe you got nagged into it

Here’s a link about what’s new in v12 & 15
    https://www.xara.com/uk/designer-pro/whats-new/older/

and here’s what’s new in v16
    https://www.xara.com/us/designer-pro/whats-new/
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Scale to Fit may be one of the best improvements. Also svg export .....
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Well I started with XaraX1, then went to Xara Pro 4, then 5, then sat on that until XDP 11, and haven't moved forward beyond that. I honestly didn't gain anything going to 11, but not planning to upgrade past 11, myself. I could see a use for SVG export, but it's not compelling enough to upgrade to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Well I started with XaraX1, then went to Xara Pro 4, then 5, then sat on that until XDP 11, and haven't moved forward beyond that. I honestly didn't gain anything going to 11, but not planning to upgrade past 11, myself. I could see a use for SVG export, but it's not compelling enough to upgrade to get it.
    A product that's given me the most enjoyment, hasn't done anything for me with the last update.
    Apparently, PDF export is supposed to be better as well.
    Mind you, when I last contacted Xara about a PDF issue, they couldn't see what the problem was.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

It's easy for me to be wise after your event, but if you only use Xara for design work, you could opt for Xara Photo & Graphic Designer instead. No difference in the software, (minus the webby bits, of course) but you would be paying for a less expensive lesson in buying an untrustworthy product.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    ...upgrade to XDP16.

I've been using XDP11 for ages, so, what can you tell me is good about Xara Designer Pro 16?

So... tell me all the good stuff about XDP16, so that I can try it out.

By the way, I hate the icon.
    Well, my big push to purchase was something called 'Scale-to-Fit', but I've been informed that it doesn't function completely 100%. When increasing size, the repelled text begins to creep under the image as the text grows larger. But hey! It does let me know that they are trying. So I spent $129 for product improvements for a year.

I, too, was stuck at V11. I kind of look at it like playing the lottery. Maybe a feature will come along that I really need and can't do without.

Do you have any more info on the text (or anything) going behind images? I've made new, and altered existing sites with Scale To Fit Width and I've not come across that. I don't want to become complacent and it bite me in the bum. Do you know under what conditions this happens?

And I just saw this thread https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...sponsive/page3 that explains it happens when using Repel Text Under.

I'm talking to myself and answering my own questions. That's the definition of insanity isn't it? Naw, you're fine Chris, just carry on.