Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: I really don't know why, but I did...

Well I started with XaraX1, then went to Xara Pro 4, then 5, then sat on that until XDP 11, and haven't moved forward beyond that. I honestly didn't gain anything going to 11, but not planning to upgrade past 11, myself. I could see a use for SVG export, but it's not compelling enough to upgrade to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Well I started with XaraX1, then went to Xara Pro 4, then 5, then sat on that until XDP 11, and haven't moved forward beyond that. I honestly didn't gain anything going to 11, but not planning to upgrade past 11, myself. I could see a use for SVG export, but it's not compelling enough to upgrade to get it.
    A product that's given me the most enjoyment, hasn't done anything for me with the last update.
    Apparently, PDF export is supposed to be better as well.
    Mind you, when I last contacted Xara about a PDF issue, they couldn't see what the problem was.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

It's easy for me to be wise after your event, but if you only use Xara for design work, you could opt for Xara Photo & Graphic Designer instead. No difference in the software, (minus the webby bits, of course) but you would be paying for a less expensive lesson in buying an untrustworthy product.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.