Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Character WIP

Carrot man, the dunce of the carrot patch.

A wip of a character I am trying to model in C4D. Still needs lots of work. Textures are a work in progress, and he still needs some hands.

Just wanted to post for some suggestions.

--Randy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carrotman_wip2.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	15447  

Carrot man, the dunce of the carrot patch.

A wip of a character I am trying to model in C4D. Still needs lots of work. Textures are a work in progress, and he still needs some hands.

Just wanted to post for some suggestions.

--Randy

That's a great start Randy. I love the buck teeth he has going there. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] And the way his ears are tilted slightly foward - really adds to his 'dunce' appearance. His chin is kinda odd looking, which could be what you had intended. I'd probably round it out at the bottom a little bit more, so it wasn't so 'ramp-like', if that makes any sense. Your carrot texture is a good start. It doesn't seem to have *all* the details though, that a carrot texture would have. If you haven't done so already, I'd go get a fresh carrot from the grocery store and add to your texture what seems to be 'missing.' Remember to add some scratches and bumps to it as well.

The only other thing I can suggest is that carrots often have lumps and unconformities on them, rather than being a straight cone. They often twist as well.

Carrot Man is looking very promising Randy! Even as a WIP, it still conveys the basic idea you're trying to convey (based on your post). Lookin' forward to seeing the next version...