Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Alls well that ends well

Quote Originally Posted by bobmurden View Post
    I've never been able to really get my head round the costing model of the 365 product.
    When I upgrade apparently I'm buying the latest version licence and serial number with 2 activations outright and I have access to the appropriate download in case I lose the installer package.
    The downloadable content which in early versions came complete now comes from a library which I get one years subscription to with my update.
    Is this right?

So I coughed up my hundred quid and dismay set in when it turns out there's no update because I'm already on the latest version.
    Then I'm feeling miffed because I'm bribed with a copy of Movie Edit Pro which I didn't ask for to justify the hundred quid.

So I loaded the Movie Edit Pro just for a look and two hours later we have a decent demo video on Youtube for our band thanks to the proDAD image stabiliser plugin.

Probably 100 quid well spent in the end but can you confirm the pricing model for me and am I on a separate upgrade path for Movie Edit Pro or will the two update together with my 365 subscription

Kind regards
    Bob
    User since Webstyle 2
    Hi Bob,

Thank you for the question and for being a long time user of Xara products. It's important that you get the correct answer. You bought 16.2, and now it is the version you own outright. The reason why there was 'no upgrade version' is because the previous version you bought had 1-year of update service that gave you free access to new product updates during that year. You took advantage of that. Now for 16.2 and going forward for the next year, you will have access to the new releases to try again. If you purchase the upgrade in a year again, you will own outright the current version at the time....and repeat. If you decide not to purchase in a year, then you can still continue to use those new features until you have to reinstall. Then, of course, the version you can install will be the last version you purchased outright. In addition, the content catalog is available during the year and you can download it locally for offline access and for continued usage after the update service expires, assuming you do not continue to upgrade.

Magix likes to offer other products with upgrades. In your case, it sounds like the offer was Movie Edit Pro and I'm glad you were successful with it. I'm not surprised by this because many Xara Pro customers use Movie Edit Pro. It is a separate product with its own upgrade and update service path.

Happy creating!

Kind regards,
    Matt Bolton
    CEO of Xara

Default Re: Alls well that ends well

Well Golly Gosh!
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.