Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 52
  1. #21

    Default Re: Pantone, CMYK, RGB and Hex differences in Xara Designer Pro X

    Quote Originally Posted by Ander View Post
    ...
    It would be nice if you could make your own color palette in CMYK and save that, ...
    You can. There is a utility to do so.

    This is my default palette, CMY & K in 10 percent steps.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture_000106.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	5.0 KB 
ID:	124526

    Mike

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    12

    Default Re: Pantone, CMYK, RGB and Hex differences in Xara Designer Pro X

    If i start a new drawing and draw a box in black like in the picture the black is made of four color when i export to pdf, but if you draw the black slider to zero and up again and do another same export, that box is made of only 100KClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Black_slider.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	124527

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    12

    Default Re: Pantone, CMYK, RGB and Hex differences in Xara Designer Pro X

    Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    You can. There is a utility to do so.

    This is my default palette, CMY & K in 10 percent steps.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture_000106.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	5.0 KB 
ID:	124526

    Mike
    Thanks for all answer, this was interest, i can't find anything in the program to made a palette, where can i find this utility?

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    16,556

    Default Re: Pantone, CMYK, RGB and Hex differences in Xara Designer Pro X

    there is xpal, but I don't know how it stands re cmyk :

    http://www.smokingun.co.uk/index/downloads

    I would embed named colours in a [default] template blank file myself, and open the document palette on the colour line

    I think the slider issue is a known quirk/bug you need to 'wake it up'
    -------------------------------

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    12

    Default Re: Pantone, CMYK, RGB and Hex differences in Xara Designer Pro X

    Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    there is xpal, but I don't know how it stands re cmyk :

    http://www.smokingun.co.uk/index/downloads

    I would embed named colours in a [default] template blank file myself, and open the document palette on the colour line

    I think the slider issue is a known quirk/bug you need to 'wake it up'
    Thanks checking, Yes the easy way is made a document with small box and name this colors the palette i want, and minimize it as an group and put it outside document area, and save it like a template, then when open this template the color is there

  6. #26

    Default Re: Pantone, CMYK, RGB and Hex differences in Xara Designer Pro X

    Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    there is xpal, but I don't know how it stands re cmyk :

    http://www.smokingun.co.uk/index/downloads

    I would embed named colours in a [default] template blank file myself, and open the document palette on the colour line

    I think the slider issue is a known quirk/bug you need to 'wake it up'
    Actually, I use JCWpad.

    I have attached my simple palette. DO MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR STANDARD PALETTE...
    Attached Files Attached Files

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    12

    Default Re: Pantone, CMYK, RGB and Hex differences in Xara Designer Pro X

    Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Actually, I use JCWpad.

    I have attached my simple palette. DO MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR STANDARD PALETTE...
    Thanks for that, i tested a little and it works fine.
    I have made a little simple group of color that i save in my templates now, just beside of the document and when i open this templates my color is there.
    included a sample.CMYK_Palette.xar

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    16,556

    Default Re: Pantone, CMYK, RGB and Hex differences in Xara Designer Pro X

    mike of course, the things you forget... i have that somewhere
    -------------------------------

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Kent, UK
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: Pantone, CMYK, RGB and Hex differences in Xara Designer Pro X

    Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    No, your incorrect in that assumption. I have done many pantone work for clients. Just grab yourself a CMYK/Pantone book and punch in the numbers into Xara.

    https://polycolors.ca/product/panton...AaAjt8EALw_wcB
    Ok.. Sadly I think a lot of people haven't read the original post... Or maybe I suck at explaining the problem.

    The screen grab that we posted shows the colours that come directly from the Pantone Website (and book) But both the Pantone Colour selected in Xara and the CMYK that comes from the Pantone CP book of that colour comes out totally different than if you put in the RGB colours or the HEX colours ALSO supplied by the Pantone web site for that same Pantone colour that you're trying to create.

    If you choose that Pantone Colour (3145C) from your Pantone Pallet in Xara, and Colour a Square with it, then put the CMYK values in and the HEX and RGB values, from the web site I quoted (Pantone's web site) do they all display the same colour? Do they all print the same colour? ( I did upload a XARA file demonstrating this too)

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    12

    Default Re: Pantone, CMYK, RGB and Hex differences in Xara Designer Pro X

    Quote Originally Posted by ClubleyM View Post
    Ok.. Sadly I think a lot of people haven't read the original post... Or maybe I suck at explaining the problem.

    The screen grab that we posted shows the colours that come directly from the Pantone Website (and book) But both the Pantone Colour selected in Xara and the CMYK that comes from the Pantone CP book of that colour comes out totally different than if you put in the RGB colours or the HEX colours ALSO supplied by the Pantone web site for that same Pantone colour that you're trying to create.

    If you choose that Pantone Colour (3145C) from your Pantone Pallet in Xara, and Colour a Square with it, then put the CMYK values in and the HEX and RGB values, from the web site I quoted (Pantone's web site) do they all display the same colour? Do they all print the same colour? ( I did upload a XARA file demonstrating this too)
    I test making the same here, and the color that xara shows on screen with these values CMYK and Pantone looks the same on my screen as yours.
    If thats you asking? Looks like xara shows these value wrong on display. The output of pdf is correct, checked color value in Acrobat Pro,
    Print it on my job in an Konica Minolta 1100C, included o photo i take of that print, it looks right there to.
    Tested in CorelDraw and it shows CMYK and Pantone right there on screen. Looks like Xara has little color problems.

    Export to pdf and print pdf, else xara print the colors on screen, think thats the problem for you

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Corel_screenshot.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	124551 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0953.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	124552
    Last edited by Ander; 17 July 2019 at 09:24 PM.

 

 

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •