I'm at day 0 with the Update Service and considering not paying for the moment.

I noticed on the Magix website that under Upgrade, they are offering two additions:
  1. ASEOPS 11
  2. Vegas Movie Studio 16

Has anyone used ASEOPS? Comments?
I really don't need another video editor, especially a basic version. I would rather have a further discount and not get these two programs. Unlikely, I guess. Magix wants 149CAD for the upgrade, 229CAD new. Too much, IMHO.

I have downloaded everything possible from the online catalogue within the last couple of days, so I should be good for a while.

Why am I not wanting to pay now? I use Xara with Magix Video Pro X or Movie Edit Pro Premium to create animated/static overly graphics and animations. I have published some tutorials on this. This works from within the video program, opens the animation part of Xara with the video clip in the background, and moves the video along with the animation of whatever is drawn. For the last year, the interface from VPX10 was broken; the video would not open in Xara so the screen was blank and it was impossible to work with; no way to animate something that goes with the video. Despite bug requests starting from last year, Magix did not fix this until VPX11 was released recently. The interface now worked, great, but upon rebooting and opening a recently saved VPX project, the Xar object was usually empty. This means that I could not continue on with older projects because the Xar created overlay would likely be gone if I opened the project. The Xar animation object is there, but it is blank.

I was able to repeat this several times. After creating a video showing the problem, I reopened one that had 3 objects done before rebooting. Two of them were still there. I opened another one, and all three were there. In the third one, only one was there. So with the third one, I recreated the 2 missing objects, just simple things like a rectangle or star moving around the screen, saved, rebooted, and the 2 new objects showed up, but the other one had now disappeared. I can't work with this.

This is not the first time that I have had problems with this interface. A few years ago, and for about 2 years, the video would show up but not advance. I raised several tickets with Magix (and one with Xara) about this, showing them a video of how it was supposed to work. They finally fixed it in a new version. All in all, over about 6 years, I have only been able to use this half of the time.

Thus, until I see that this has been fixed, I see no rational reason to pay more money.