Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Contact widgets/forms that are free for use with Xara Web Designer Premium 16?

I am using Web Designer 16. The widgets this software offer are really good, but where are the Contact Us forms or widgets for a Contact Page? I have seen posts stating there are several sites offering widgets for a contact form. Is there a listing of a site offering free widgets that work with Web Designer 16? I have used other software and written codes in PHP in the past - but this should be something that is offered in Web Designer Premium - if you purchase the full version in my opinion. I am disappointed in what is offered with forms in this software.

Also: Is Web Designer phasing out? Does anyone know if it will be updated or retired in the next build.

Default Re: Contact widgets/forms that are free for use with Xara Web Designer Premium 16?

Dear "generate", it is not clear if you have the Premium version or not. My bad, it is in the Thread Title!

In Premium, I can access Form Widgets through the Online Content Catalogue > Components > Print & Web Components > Forms.

Xara sites are static and stateless. They can run from local storage. They have no concept of server code.
    Contact forms can be written in PHP and added to Placeholders.

XaraTemplates.com includes some very effective Contact Forms that are close to plug 'n' play.

Web Designer is not being phased out. Personally, WD16 (basic) should be dropped as it is so cut down that it is next to unusable.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 08 July 2019 at 03:00 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Contact widgets/forms that are free for use with Xara Web Designer Premium 16?

Quote Originally Posted by JENR8 View Post
    I am using Web Designer 16. The widgets this software offer are really good, but where are the Contact Us forms or widgets for a Contact Page? I have seen posts stating there are several sites offering widgets for a contact form. . . ..
    Take a look at jotform.com

You can setup a free account for 5 forms and upto 100 submissions per month. The software is very easy to use, along with being quite robust, and has Xara listed as an option to generate the code for your site. You simply create a placeholder and copy and paste the code from jotform. One of the companies I work with has over 80 Xara sites using JotForms. We researched about half a dozen options before selecting JotForms.

The forms work just fine with multiple Xara variants. I do modilfy the codes slightly for the different size variants. And when I say modify I mean post the code in the placeholder and simply change the size numbers for height and width.

Be happy to assist you if you need more help.
    Last edited by onlye; 14 July 2019 at 11:55 PM.

Also check out Cognito forms. To my mind, much more flexible that jotforms.

Alan