Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Video embedding CHALLENGE

Hey Guys, Have a good challenge for you all. I have created a website with say 30 tabs / urls. On my main screen and subsequent pages I have the same Youtube video embedded in a large placeholder. As I go from page to page (navigation tab) the video (which is on autoplay) starts from the beginning. I do not want that (only on the first time the home page is loaded). I wish to have it play seamlessly as this (video is included on all pages) but not from the beginning as they surf my website.

My wish is to navigate to any of the thirty tabs and have the video continue to play without is starting from the beginning... What I would like it to do is basically continue to play the video uninterrupted from page to page - continues to play as if you did not even now you were changing navigation tabs/menus.

Is that possible and does anyone know how to do it??????????? Website page grab example included (if attached correctly). Again this Youtube video of mine is embed on all pages.

More detailed example...

Home page website loads and youtube video plays automatically.
    If they select any of the thirty tabs the video that they are watching on the home page continues to play on the other tab(s) they selected at the time...and the video continues to play where it left off when the person switched from home page to any of the new tabs.

Thanks for your help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara web designer example video youtube embed.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	124469  

Default Re: Video embedding Challenge

Welcome to TalkGraphics.

I suspect you could only do this from a Supersite design as each page is a new DOM otherwise.

If I tried it, which I doubt I would ever consider, I might try and set up an IFRAME on each page to the video and then find a mechanism to pass over the position and play state - all very messy.
    You might look at using Live Copies but I have never tried.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Maybe a simple solution is one copy of the video on a single page (iframe delayed start autoplay), URL tabs point to pop-up layers?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Autoplay Video.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	124470  

thanks - i will give that a try