Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can I add a page with PDF file

Hi,

I was wondering that can I create a page with pdf file??

Thank you.

Alexia

Default Re: Can I add a page with PDF file

Alexia, you can drag a PDF to a design page.
    Are you trying to add a PDF to a web design?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn, Thank you respond so quickly, yes, I have a pdf file about 30 pages,
    need to add it in a web page, but I don't know it is ok or not??

Alexia

Lightbulb Re: Can I add a page with PDF file

Alexia, still not too clear.

If you just want to link to the PDF then create a button and in Web Properties > Link > Link to file (PDF< AVI< etc), I would Browse to the local folder of the PDF and select that. (my example file has filename Gilson Gray Paid Invoice.pdf).
    I would set Open link to New window or tab (_blank).

If you then want to display the PDF on your web page, you need to create a Placeholder with the following HTML code (body):
    Code:
    <iframe src="index_htm_files/Gilson%20Gray%20Paid%20Invoice.pdf" width="100%" height="100%" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" name="xara_iframe" ><p>Your browser does not support iframes.</p></iframe>

Your PDF will published to the index_htm_files folder so this path is necessary and the filename spaces need to be replaced with "%20".

Acorn

Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Another way to do it is to the way I explained on anther post which I have copied here.

The way I do PDF files is to manually upload them to my site to their own subfolder called PDF with FileZilla. In Xara I just point to the PDF location on my site with a link. I have this link set to open in a new browser window so when the person clicks on the link it opens a new tab in their browser and displays the PDF. Xara never tries to upload the PDF file just the normal site files.

Ray

Thank you so much Acorn and Ray,

I will try and to do it.

Alexia

I think you can simply link to the PDF file.

When the visitor clicks the link the PDF file will open in the visitor's browser.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Link to PDF.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	124454  

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I think you can simply link to the PDF file.
    When the visitor clicks the link the PDF file will open in the visitor's browser.
    ...which is what I covered on the first part of Post#4.
    The second part was how to render the PDF on the web page...

Acorn

Thank you, I got it and works now.

Best,

Alexia

BTW, Open link to New window or tab (_blank). THIS IS THE KEY POINT.