Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Can I add a page with PDF file

Hi,

I was wondering that can I create a page with pdf file??

Thank you.

Alexia

Default Re: Can I add a page with PDF file

Alexia, you can drag a PDF to a design page.
    Are you trying to add a PDF to a web design?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn, Thank you respond so quickly, yes, I have a pdf file about 30 pages,
    need to add it in a web page, but I don't know it is ok or not??

Alexia

Lightbulb Re: Can I add a page with PDF file

Alexia, still not too clear.

If you just want to link to the PDF then create a button and in Web Properties > Link > Link to file (PDF< AVI< etc), I would Browse to the local folder of the PDF and select that. (my example file has filename Gilson Gray Paid Invoice.pdf).
    I would set Open link to New window or tab (_blank).

If you then want to display the PDF on your web page, you need to create a Placeholder with the following HTML code (body):
    Code:
    <iframe src="index_htm_files/Gilson%20Gray%20Paid%20Invoice.pdf" width="100%" height="100%" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" name="xara_iframe" ><p>Your browser does not support iframes.</p></iframe>

Your PDF will published to the index_htm_files folder so this path is necessary and the filename spaces need to be replaced with "%20".

Acorn

Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Another way to do it is to the way I explained on anther post which I have copied here.

The way I do PDF files is to manually upload them to my site to their own subfolder called PDF with FileZilla. In Xara I just point to the PDF location on my site with a link. I have this link set to open in a new browser window so when the person clicks on the link it opens a new tab in their browser and displays the PDF. Xara never tries to upload the PDF file just the normal site files.

Ray

Thank you so much Acorn and Ray,

I will try and to do it.

Alexia