Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: uploading a file that doesnt exist

Ditto here too Ray.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post
    The way I do PDF files is to manually upload them to my site to their own subfolder called PDF with FileZilla. In Xara I just point to the PDF location on my site with a link. Xara never tries to upload the PDF file just the normal site files.

I have never tried to have Xara upload PDF files and I don't know how to do it. But my site has a lot of various PDf files and with the amount I have on my site it would be a huge overload to have Xara try and do it. This is the reason I went with manual uploading the files and it works great.

Ray
    i tried that as well. i even removed the link from the page and i deleted the pdf from my computer and it still tries to upload it. the file in the picture does NOT exist. the link that points tothe file has been deleted. but, it still tries to upload a file that no longer exists. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadError.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	12.0 KB 
ID:	124453

ok so i ended up solving this issue. there was a temp folder located at C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Xara\WebDesigner Premium\10\Backups\Index_02Jul19_1520_web_files
    and it housed a copy of the file that it was trying ot upload. i deleted the file out of that folder and it didnt try to upload it.

Glad to hear you've sorted it ooptea
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host