Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: It's a shame that Xara is ignored by Retro Supply and vector Lab products...

Judging by the traffic at TG these days, I imagine that's about right. The demographic probably means that natural wastage will impact some time soon...
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Default Re: It's a shame that Xara is ignored by Retro Supply and vector Lab products...

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    Judging by the traffic at TG these days, I imagine that's about right. The demographic probably means that natural wastage will impact some time soon...
    Serif claimed they had over a million customers some time back.

I doubt there's 10,000 Xara users, but I have no way to know. I guess we'd need to look up Magix/Xara Ltd financials.

According to the Publisher release live event, they have been passed 2 million users.
    Let's just agree that xara made a bad business decision to go to Germany for some funding and now it is ripped apart.
    They could have gone a few miles up north and would have been a real player but alas.
    coulda woulda shoulda but the boat has sailed I guess

Quote Originally Posted by haakoo View Post
    According to the Publisher release live event, they have been passed 2 million users...
    I expect that number also now includes iPad users, yet another advantage for Affinity apps.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Man, I appreciate the fact that you like our business enough to mention it. Thank you!

The biggest reason we don't make products for Xara is time and resources. We're a small business (a few employees and perhaps a dozen regular contractors). With the explosion of different software it's hard to make stuff for all platforms. Each one has a learning curve. Plus, we do regular customer survey asking what software and products people most want. We accommodate whatever the majority of our customers want.

Also, Handrawn's comment is accurate. Xara is not on a Mac. I use a Mac. Since I can't play with the program myself it's sort of off my radar.

Those programs you mentioned are affordable at least the serif ones so buy them and combine all your tools with xara. It is what you do with it that is important not so much the features.

that is possibly true with a website... but whilst still true in general for all work, you cannot for example, paint in xara, nor for that matter affinity designer; affinity photo is better having raster brushes, but to do that job properly you need something the equivalent of corel painter....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    that is possibly true with a website... but whilst still true in general for all work, you cannot for example, paint in xara, nor for that matter affinity designer; affinity photo is better having raster brushes, but to do that job properly you need something the equivalent of corel painter....
    I'd say many if not most people serious about digital painting are using a tablet these days.

or a cintiq
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    or a cintiq
    Indeed, but I think the iPad pro is causing Cintique some problems.