we could diverge this thread for a quite a while discussing this - it depends what you are trying to do

correct me if I am wrong but I think the largest ipad is 12.9" - and there is a samsung android at 18.4"

my cintiq is 24" and I would have liked a 32" but I currently have no room for it, quite apart from the extra £1K or more it would have cost - the on-screen canvas size is very important to me

I have not tried either ipad or android, but I understand that wheras the 'painter mobile' app for android is reasonably featured, the 'Paint it! Show' app for iphone is fairly basic only suitable really for 'morphing' photos into 'paintings'

now you can paint in many different ways - you can dip your finger in the wet suff if you wish - I do not wish to imply that such is somehow sub-standard per-se

I don't particularly like the term power-user but I would not want to be restricted when pushing painter to the limits

the reason I said 'equivalent to painter' is because I appreciate there are lots of different ways and levels at which this can be done [eg artrage], but painter is the standard against which I would measure them