Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default It's a shame that Xara is ignored by Retro Supply and vector Lab products...

I love Xara - especially for its ease of use, but it is starting to get rather bogged down with the introduction of new features, which seem to require pop-up dialogue boxes in order to function. For me this breaks up the workflow, and can lead to loss of concentration by the user.

Looking at new features that are being introduced by the likes of Retro Supply and Vector Scribe that are being produced for Illustrator anf Affinity Designer, like Analogue Halftones ( https://raydombroski.com/blog/2018/4/4/analog-halftones ) and Grave Etcher Engraving Brushes for Illustrator, plus stuff from Artifex Forge and others, Xara seems to be being ignored, which begs the question - Why?

Answers on a postcard please - seriously though, why?
    I have been thinking about this for some time and if a new kid on the block like Affinity can be recognised alongside other products like Procreate, for example, surely Xara ought to be inclued (leaving aside the fact that CorelDraw is in the same boat as Xara for the moment).

Perhaps someone at TG or at Xara can offer up reasons why this is the case.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Default Re: It's a shame that Xara is ignored by Retro Supply and vector Lab products...

simplistic answer: xara is not on a mac
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: It's a shame that Xara is ignored by Retro Supply and vector Lab products...

Well, that makes some sense, Steve.
    Probably no need for anyone from Xara to enlarge upon that, then.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

corel draw is Windows only too is it not

the mainstream media is mac, not exclusively... but that is where the activity tends to go

this may explain xaras focus on web and office docs (but not publishing a la indesign/affinity) - they have been outflanked by serif
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    I love Xara - especially for its ease of use, but it is starting to get rather bogged down .
    Well I have thought for a long time that that was bound to happen.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    corel draw is Windows only too is it not
    CD has returned to the Mac as a native application this latest version. But version 2019 is so buggy I haven't bothered with it. There is also a big licensing/upgrade change and likely will remain using version 2018 anyway.

Windows does have 4 times the user base compared to Mac, so it would make good business sense to aim for the larger market, I would have thought. But I am happy to be disabused of the idea.

@mike thanks for the update, neber really got into CD
    Nothing lasts forever...

@ bob

yes well, if vector drawing were itself a mainstream activity in the general population the number of windows users might mean something, but it is not, so i have my doubts...
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    Xara seems to be being ignored, which begs the question - Why?

Answers on a postcard please - seriously though, why?
    I suspect Xara has a far smaller userbase, on any platform. Not worth supporting and not with a demographic that that would support the effort.