Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Panorama Studio Integration

Hi, does anyone have advice on how to insert interactive 360° panoramas created with Panorama Studio, a Magix product, into a Xara placeholder?
    In particular I would like it to be a stand alone production with no internet links.
    I have some code supplied by Panorama Studio but having problems making it work...

<iframe src="Path to your panorama.html" width="as requested" height="as requested" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen> </iframe>

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

zap

Default Re: Panorama Studio Integration

Upload your panorama files to your server (can be in a subfolder) and take note of the path to the panorama's html file.

In Xara create a rectangle where you want the panorama to appear
    Select rectangle and go to Web Properties > Placeholder > HTML (body) and paste the code there.

Hi Chris,
    Thanks for reply but I don't wish to use a web server, the idea is to give presentations in small villages where there is no internet !
    I thought that I could put all the files in a separate folder on the disk and then insert the path to the html file in this folder. It doesnt work !
    Any thoughts ?

I think you would need to publish your 'site' locally on to your hard disk
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I think you would need to publish your 'site' locally on to your hard disk
    My thoughts exactly. Although not using that software I have done this multiple times for presentations using a networked media server (Intranet not Internet) in retirement homes.

I don't use panorama studio [and my html is mostly theoretical] so I'm not sure what is meant by 'interactive', or whether powerpoint [or equivalent] would be suitable
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

An easy test is to open the panorama html file. If that works, it's the code that is incorrect. If it doesn't work maybe the panorama files aren't in the same folder as the panorama html file? I've done that more than once.

Thanks for the thoughts, can you please explain what you mean by saying publish my site locally ? I am currently trying to view the pano using the 'see this page option'
    When I click on the saved html files the pano works normally. I have saved the whole panorama export (5 folders) to a separate folder on my hard disk.
    To find the address of the HTML file I double click on it and then copy the address which appears at the top of the page, above the pano. file:///C:/New%20try/New%20Panorama1.html
    I have pasted real live web addresses into the Iframe location text and they display perfectly normally.

What am I doing wrong ?

zap

Usually when your target is an html file the placeholder has more than a path. If you open panorama html with Notepad, or whatever you use as an editor, do you see <head> bunch of code </head> and <body> bunch of code </body>?

If you do, you copy the relevant sections into the place holder (head section to placeholder head, body to body).
    The panorama files and folders need to be in the same folder as the html file that has the placeholder.

The blue sections are the files from the hypothetical panorama (actually a form).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!Form.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	124448

The placeholder head and body sections look like this...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Head.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	124449 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Body.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	124450