Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Default Re: What is a major feature or improvement you would like to see in Xara?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonopen View Post
    If nothing else can the missing dot that would form an ellipsis be added to the 'Dear Xara..' forum name
    Jono, here was me thinking I was the only TG pedant.
    Good call, I have been waiting for the other boot to drop for years.

Made my day,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: What is a major feature or improvement you would like to see in Xara?

I would have referred to it as a "Hellip" ... but same difference.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Cool Re: What is a major feature or improvement you would like to see in Xara?

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    I would have referred to it as a "Hellip" ... but same difference.
    Keith, a new word for me, thank you.
    It exists as an HTML Entity. Reading more is stands for horizontal ellipsis. Similarly, vellip is a vertical ellipsis.

I will stick with ellipsis...

Acorn.
    P.S. Spare dot used after my handle in case the Mods need a spare.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Maybe have a Right Click Option available 'Show in Help' on Icons/Options/Etc. in the User Interface that will take you directly to the relevant page in the help file.

Thanks,
    Dutchim

May not be major, but it's been bugging me for a while ...

When you update commands etc. For example create a command for EXPORT PDF ... Why can't/don't you also create an ICON for the BUTTON PALETTE and link them. The button palette doesn't seem to have been updated for years, and personally I like my regularly used commands to be on the toolbar..

Please.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

-save as html instead of htm (or allow user preference)
    -more precise forum search

As Jono said above, 'I was a bit surprised to see this thread as I'd have thought you already must have more than enough suggestions [to shake a stick at] dotted throughout the 'Dear Xara..' forum'. This smacks of 'we don't like the answers you gave in the Dear Xara Forum, so we will ask you to submit better answers here'. Folks, I think that either we were wasting our time in the Dear Xara...Forum, or we are wasting our time here (or possibly both).
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

I couldn't agree more. Xara/Magix is just not responding in any way to it's vastly diminishing user base.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Rob states in the very first post of this thread: "We've got a list of requests from you guys from the previous threads,"

I obviously don't know when the list was started, I'm just trying to balance the scales a bit and play fair to both users and developers.

Yes, as Chris M said - We've got lists from the particular subjects - web features & small changes. This thread is aimed at a wider picture, what is a big feature or change you would like to see with no particular restrictions as the previous two were. Anything and everything, whether you have mentioned it before or not but I have taken notes from the previous list and this one to suggest a number of features and changes for V17.

iamtheblues - Honestly that is a load of crap. If you feel like your wasting your time then why even reply. We started the thread for the reasons above and that's it.