Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: What is a major feature or improvement you would like to see in Xara?

Quote Originally Posted by WSNetwork View Post
    - Multi-rotation-tool
    - Multi-scale-tool
    - Replicate-tool
    Would you mind explaining these further Werner, Please.

The others are reasonably self explanatory.

I hate the fact that rotated objects reset the settings to zero. If I want an object rotated to 31 degrees and it's already rotated, how do I know how to adjust it.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Default Re: What is a major feature or improvement you would like to see in Xara?

if the first two mean batch transformation of objects, each transformed individually, then +1
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I would like to see

Object related SNAP POINTS ... I.e. Snap to ENDPOINT, MIDPOINT, INTERSECT

OFFSET Command
    Keith
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    Would you mind explaining these further Werner, Please.

The others are reasonably self explanatory.

I hate the fact that rotated objects reset the settings to zero. If I want an object rotated to 31 degrees and it's already rotated, how do I know how to adjust it.

Like handrawn says:

- Multi-rotation-tool
    - Multi-scale-tool

means each object will transformed individually.

Replicate means that I can set up multiple automated copies because for labels.
    E.g.: I select an object or a group of objects and can set up
    - 2 copies to left every 50 mm
    - 5 copies dovn every 30 mm

Werner

@ WSNetwork

Enter the dimensions with two decimal places.
    You can already do this. type in whatever size you want 200.25. The object will resize to that, unfortunately it will only show as 200.2. There is a way to resize the text in the text window to accommodate 2 decimal places but it looks messy and I can't remember what it is now.

Screen grab showing this zoomed to 25601%
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	124473  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

@Egg Branhill

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    @ WSNetwork

You can already do this. type in whatever size you want 200.25. The object will resize to that, unfortunately it will only show as 200.2. There is a way to resize the text in the text window to accommodate 2 decimal places but it looks messy and I can't remember what it is now.

Screen grab showing this zoomed to 25601%
    Oh, I didn't know that.

Then I Change it to:

- Showing dimensions with two decimal places.

Werner

This should be corrected:

If you can enter items to 2 decimal places, it would be good for the location display to actually tell you where it is (or what size it is) to 2 decimal places. Otherwise it's hard to keep track of. The display should ALWAYS match the input or you will end up with discrepancies. Similarly, if it only displays to 1 decimal place, you should only be able to locate/size it to 1 decimal place.
    Keith

I'd also like to see a dimension tool that can be edited. So you can adjust locations of objects by editing the dimension between them.
    Keith

I agree with you Keith. Here's an old post from the horses mouth. However I can't get it to work
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I was a bit surprised to see this thread as I'd have thought you already must have more than enough suggestions [to shake a stick at] dotted throughout the 'Dear Xara..' forum. Obviously it's nice to be asked again though.

My first suggestion then would be for you to free up half a day (or whatever it takes) and go through the 'Dear Xara..' forum to collate, categorise and quantify all the existing suggestions into a spreadsheet for analysis. Perhaps something along the lines of:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	table.gif 
Views:	109 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	124484

My personal three major improvement suggestions (all previously suggested) are:

1) Make Xara apps Windows scaling aware so they can be used with high res professional monitors and also improve the look of text if Windows scaling is applied when using a regular 1920x1080 monitor.

2) Update the grid system. Just take a look at what other graphics apps like Affinity Designer can do if you are short of ideas.

3) Create a properties panel to quickly access all (or most) of the attributes of a selected object (see this mockup previously posted):
    https://www.talkgraphics.com/attachm...1&d=1552992469

Also here is another wish list compiled in July 2017 which still seems to be relevant:
    https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...001#post579001

Not being a programmer I can only guess what the difference is between a major piece of work or a small workflow improvement, so here's my list of suggestions made in the previous thread:
    https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...197#post607197

If nothing else can the missing dot that would form an ellipsis be added to the 'Dear Xara..' forum name

Cheers, Jono
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022