Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: What is a major feature or improvement you would like to see in Xara?

please do not drop the bitmap tracer it still has its uses for me in greyscale mode ( if you read this gnurf thanks again for the tutorial)
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: What is a major feature or improvement you would like to see in Xara?

@Rob, what is the purpose of Xara in the current market? I mean what do you want it to be or compete against? Serif? Adobe? I really like to know what the goal of further development for Xara would do? Is it to keep the current users from loosing them to the other camp or exceeding what is out there?

Hi,

-Custom strokes profile would be an awesome complement to the bitmap strokes.

-Mould tool that works on bitmaps, subdivisions on the grid.

-More control on the definition of bitmap strokes, center offset, repetition scaling, etc..

Thanks

Hola! I'd like to see line to shape anchoring: Draw two circles (or any shapes) and connect them with a line anchored to both circles. Move the circles around and the line stays connected to both circles.

This is useful when drawing, for example, network diagrams and organization charts. I use Vizio and PowerPoint for this and would love to see Xara add it to the software.

Gracias!
    webahoy(dot)com

Marco.

Dynamic length so the page length follows the content of the page without having to adjust it manually. As such this would allow espandable content boxes. This is a neat feature in Adobe Muse and it surprises me that after all these years it is still not implemented in XARA.

A 3D Tool and Bevel Tool that works without having bitmap elements...ie, true vector.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Hello,

Like Marco D, a tool to adjust angles would save time by avoiding playing with the handles and the result would be "perfect", especially for shapes with different angles.
    The change in line thickness for each segment would also be interesting.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Angle.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	13.3 KB 
ID:	124466

ive often thought being able to pin(lock) nodes so that no matter what else you did selecting/deselecting or otherwise they would remain pinned until manually released; same for rotation point, never understood why that cannot be pinned
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I would like,

- Enter the dimensions with two decimal places.
    - The rotation angle for a rotated object should be displayed in the info bar. It normally reset to 0 after a change.
    - The shear angle for horizontally and vertically sheared objects should be displayed and changeable in the info bar. It's now only horizontally displayed and will reset to 0 after a change.
    - ENter the size of rounded corners in units (changed in any unit and displayed in current unit).
    - Vector-filling-tool
    - Multi-rotation-tool
    - Multi-scale-tool
    - Replicate-tool

Werner from WSNetwork